In a Variety article entitled (with no apparent sarcasm) “Fox finesses release schedule,” we learn that 20th Century Fox has been busy moving movies around on its release schedule like an intricate game of chess — even though the pieces are mostly checkers.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel moves to Christmas Day 2009
- Tooth Fairy moves from June 2009 to November 13
- Ramona moves to July 2, 2010
- I Love You Beth Cooper moves from March 27 to July 10
- They Came From Upstairs moves from Feb. 13 to July 31
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief moves from 2009 to July 2, 2010
- The A-Team moves from June 12, 2009 to June 11, 2010
(you know, as soon as it gets a script. And a director. And a cast and all that stuff. But keep June 11th, because the date looks a-maa-zing.)
Voila! Much better. That old schedule made no sense at all. Now if I could suggest one more thing, Mr. Fox exec. How about you keep all the dates, but try throwing out those projects and make something worth seeing instead.