Well, here it is, folks – our tired old ship has finally reached land and we mere days away from the Big Night. ¬†The No Guts, No Glory is a tradition here at Awards Daily – and a fun one.
For this contest, you are allowed up to ten predictions – but they have to be really wild ones. ¬†I suppose anything other than The King’s Speech for Best Picture would count, Aronofsky or the Coens for director, etc. ¬†I usually do three. ¬†Since I’m predicting The Social Network to upset in Picture and Director (seems highly unlikely) I can’t have that be my pick. ¬†But here are my five:
1. Jennifer Lawrence upsets in Best Actress due to to a split between Bening and Portman
2. Christopher Nolan upsets in Best Original Screenplay
3. The King’s Speech clean sweeps, winning 12/12 of its nominations, ROTK style
4. How to Train Your Dragon wins Animated Feature
5. ¬†Darren Aronofsky upsets in Best Director, Steven Soderbergh style