Beverly Hills, CA – The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 84th Academy Awards® has been narrowed to eight films, of which three to five will earn Oscar® nominations.
The eight films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company.
- “The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement,” Purposeful Productions, Inc.
- “God Is the Bigger Elvis,” Documentress Films
- “In Tahrir Square: 18 Days of Egypt’s Unfinished Revolution,” Downtown Docs
- “Incident in New Baghdad,” Morninglight Films
- “Pipe Dreams,” Leslie Iwerks Productions
- “Saving Face,” Milkhaus/Jungefilm
- “The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom,” Supply & Demand Integrated
- “Witness,” Buche