The Producers Guild has set January 19, 2019 to celebrate its 30th Annual Awards Show. Donald De Line and Amy Pascal will return to host the show at the Beverly Hilton Hotel In Los Angeles.
Nominating begins December 6. Presidents of the PGA Gail Berman and Lucy Fisher said, “The PGA is honored to celebrate excellence in motion picture, television and new media productions, along with some of the living legends who shape our profession, at the 2019 Producers Guild Awards. We are grateful to Donald and Amy for once again lending their talents as producers of the Awards.”
Here is the full timeline:
Eligibility Period for 2019 Producers Guild Awards
· Motion Pictures, Television Series/Specials, Long and Short Form Television, Sports Programs and Children’s Programs: January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018
Notice of Producing Credits Form Deadline
· Documentary Motion Pictures: September 6, 2018
· Television Programs: September 27, 2018
· Theatrical Motion Pictures and Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures: October 11, 2018
Screener Submission Deadline
· Documentary Motion Pictures only: September 6, 2018
Nomination Polls Open
· Television Programs: December 6, 2018
· Theatrical Motion Pictures and Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures: December 13, 2018
Nomination Polls Close
· Television Programs: January 3, 2019 (2:00PM PST)
· Theatrical Motion Pictures and Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures: January 3, 2019 (2:00PM PST)
PGA Awards Nominees Announced
· Documentary Motion Pictures: November 20, 2018
· Television Programs: January 4, 2019
· Theatrical Motion Pictures and Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures: January 4, 2019
Final Polls Open
· January 4, 2019
PGA East Coast Celebration of 2019 Producers Guild Awards Nominees
· Nominees party will take place the week of January 13, 2019 in New York. Details TBA.
Final Polls Close
· January 18, 2019 (12:00PM PST)
· January 19, 2019
Nominees for the Producers Guild Awards are endorsed as the predictor of eligibility for producing honors given by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), the British Academy of Film and Television (BAFTA), the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), and the Television Academy.
The list of recipients of the Guild’s honorary awards such as the Milestone Award, the David O. Selznick Achievement Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures and the Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television and the Vanguard Award read like a roster of the industry’s biggest names, including icons such as J.J. Abrams, Steven Bochco, Jerry Bruckheimer, Roger Corman, Clint Eastwood, Sherry Lansing, Lorne Michaels, Ryan Murphy, Shonda Rhimes, and Steven Spielberg, extending back to such legends as Louis B. Mayer, Walt Disney, Alfred Hitchcock, and Billy Wilder. Considered a strong prognosticator for the Best Picture Oscar®, the announcement of the Guild’s Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures is one of the most eagerly-anticipated of the season.