Viola Davis, Emma Stone and Octavia Spencer on The Help

Nice to hear the cast members dig into the themes in The Help.

1. Xavier 4 years ago

Viola Davis is not only fiercely talented, but also so beautiful and articulate – something that Hollywood needs more of… Love her.

2. Xavier 4 years ago

3. Christine Jin 4 years ago

I have nothing but respect for Viola, Octavia and Emma for appreciating the themes in the film, and I too found the characters and how they bond relatable. Every single actor gives a stellar performance, that I also have respect for. But I just have this nagging feeling that the whole white-savior framing of narrative perpetuates itself in this otherwise heartwarming, beautiful film. Perhaps I’m taking this too far, but it seems to me as if the film (let alone the source novel itself) reduces the significance of the civil rights movement to a single white female character’s successful revenge stunt. That being said, I don’t doubt the filmmakers’ good intentions and the sincere performances by the actors.

4. Christine Jin 4 years ago

5. Pablo (Col) 4 years ago

Octavia FTW !

And i mean that literally :)

6. Pablo (Col) 4 years ago

Octavia FTW !

And i mean that literally :)

7. AnnaZed 4 years ago

Viola Davis is just so hot and toned. She should get one of those roles where she is president and has to save the world while fighting off terrorists on Air Force One or something. I would pay to see that.

8. AnnaZed 4 years ago

9. Oscarcrazy 4 years ago

Awesome interviews! I hope to see these ladies everywhere come award season. Because, Davis & Spencer were exceptional!!

10. Oscarcrazy 4 years ago