2011: The Cinescape

thanks to Twitter pal, Zack Holtz (@zacomer)

(video after the cut, since we’re trying to reduce traffic strain on the home page)

1. Zach Heltzel 4 years ago

Warning: this video may cause your brain to start dripping out of your ears. It is so mindblowing, it has caused me to become more hyperbolic than I EVER HAVE BEFORE.

2. A.J 4 years ago

Orgasmic. Plus it ends on the proper film.

3. Bebe 4 years ago

Holy f***! 2010 was an amazing movie!

4. Ronan 4 years ago

Serious question, is this year terrible or is it just me? I’ve only seen Moneyball and Harry Potter this year and everything else just fills me with an intense feeling of boredom, other than The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which I am looking forward to.

The only reason I ask is because I’m not sure if my interest in movies is just waning generally or if nothing exciting has come out this year.

5. Matt R 4 years ago

The ending did fit quite well

6. Munro202 4 years ago

This guy always does the best end of the year montages. And makes every year look like the best year in film we’ve ever had.

7. Holden 4 years ago

I’ve always loved seeing these things. Bravo, sir. Once again, you’ve pulled together something quite spectacular.

8. Hans 4 years ago

I find it interesting that it ends on the Super 8 shot of the film reel stopping suddenly, considering that was a shot from the trailer that I was looking forward to that didn’t end up in the film. Otherwise, indeed, that was an epic does of epic, though I do find this year’s Oscar season proper to be, thus far, a tad underwhelming. Great movies all around, but nothing that’s really WOWED me, save for perhaps Harry Potter and The Tree of Life.

9. Numair Abbas 3 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out which movie that seems like its got several shots in there with the cars, city and african american couple. It looks ridiculously gorgeous and stands out from all the rest of the movies to me somehow! Need-to-knoww please!! Anyone?

10. Numair Abbas 3 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out which TRADITIONALLY ANIMATED movie thats there that; seems like its got several shots with the cars, city and african american couple, the african american girl. It looks ridiculously gorgeous and stands out from all the rest of the movies to me somehow, maybe or maybe not because it’s one of the only traditionally animated film in the lot. Need-to-knoww please!! Anyone?

11. Numair Abbas 3 years ago

I didn’t mention that the film I’m talking about is TRADITIONALLY ANIMATED ; seems like its got several shots with the cars, city and african american couple, the african american girl. It stands out maybe or maybe not because it’s one of the only traditionally animated film in the lot. Need-to-knoww please!! Anyone?

12. Ryan Adams 3 years ago