Dublin Film Critics Circle Awards 2011

(Via Alex Carlson at Film Misery)

Best Picture
“Drive”

Best Director
Nicolas Winding Refn, “Drive”

Best Actor
Ryan Gosling, “Drive”

Best Actress
Jessica Chastain, “The Tree of Life”

Best Documentary
“Senna”

Best Foreign Language Film
“A Separation”

Best Irish Film
“The Guard”

Best Irish Documentary
“Knuckle”

International Breakthrough
Jessica Chastain, “The Help,” “Take Shelter” and “The Tree of Life”

Domestic Breakthrough
John Michael McDonagh, “The Guard”

1. sonny 4 years ago

Im still surprised all of the ¨gurus¨ havent include DRIVE in the top 10 of the year…
    If the academy is rational it should include Drive for best pic….

2. Mattenroe 4 years ago

Sweet Drive sweep! Best Picture nom grows ever closer.

3. steve50 4 years ago

“Sweet Drive sweep!”

Yes. With all the rationalization happening on other posts trying to justify this blockbuster over that blockbuster (or whether or not it busted enough blocks to be considered worthy), it is refreshing when a perfectly fine film/director/actor combo takes the prize. Good for Dublin!

4. Paddy M 4 years ago

I was about to gloat and write that I posted this on my blog aaages ago, but then I checked and it was six days ago. Funny how time seems to go tits up around Christmas.

There’s barely anything to these awards – last year, they announced Top 10s for everything.

5. steve50 4 years ago

@PaddyM

Maybe…but it’s still more inspiring than the lockerroom discussion of who got the biggest “number” taking place on that other post right now.

6. Alfredo 4 years ago

@Paddy M – Ha “tits up” never heard of that expression. Thanks for that.

7. Alex 4 years ago

Love it soooo much!

8. Sean 4 years ago

yes! They gave it to Chastain for the film she deserved it for!

9. Sean 4 years ago

Sasha, can you post the list of Detroit Film Critics winners? It’s on my blog and the link below.

10. david 4 years ago

a non-oscar predicting critics’ group? the winners are both refreshing and great!

11. Paul 4 years ago

I knew I could depend on my fellow Dubliners to give plenty of love to “Drive”.

12. 100yr 4 years ago

They can’t really be Oscar-predicting because a lot of the contenders haven’t been released in Ireland yet- War Horse, The Descendants, The Artist, Young Adult, Shame, The Iron Lady, and probably a few others will all be 2012 releases in Ireland.

13. 101 yr 4 years ago

Maybe, there are too many precursor awards? I say eliminate the SAG: