Catwoman spikes a pose for The Dark Knight Rises

At last, some brazen imagery. Glamorized eroticized fetishized. The Dark Knight Rises poster we’ve been waiting for — and three widescreen banners — after the cut.

1. Ryan Adams 3 years ago

Take that, Tarantino.

2. Alice_R 3 years ago

Cool, can’t wait for Anne to shine in TDKR.. against all odds

3. Ryan Adams 3 years ago

Much as I deeply admire Nolan, one thing his movies lack is sexual energy. Not since Memento has there been any sizzle. Hoping Hathaway brings it.

4. Logan 3 years ago

If only she had added one more “X”

5. Ryan Adams 3 years ago

ha! Logan!

6. Jake G!!! 3 years ago

There’s a ton of posters of TDKR that you haven’t posted that are way better than this one! I’m not trying to nag at you guys in any way, I just want you guys to post them please because they are really cool! And thank you for posting TDKR stuff a lot lately, it adds even more anticipation and excitement!

7. Jake G!!! 3 years ago

Nevermind I’m sorry haha I never saw the post of the six posters a couple days ago, the only thing you guys have left off are the banners! sorry

8. Rashad 3 years ago

Don’t see how sexual energy is inherently a good thing.

9. Ryan Adams 3 years ago

Jake G!!! thanks.
    I’ve added those banners.

all clickable to enlarge — the better to appreciate their scope.

10. Chance 3 years ago

Let’s hope Hathaway *and* Cotillard bring it. And I’m still holding out for the Inception prequel, Conception.

11. steve50 3 years ago

re: the first image (the shoe). The style is vaguely familiar – B&W, lots of liquid, suggestion of violence – oh yeah, TGWTDT opening credits!

The others look like Vancouver during last year’s Stanely Cup playoffs.

12. Antoinette 3 years ago

What with all the rain I probably would have gone with galoshes. And what if there’s lightning? This kitteh isn’t very sensible.

About sexual energy, I think Nolan’s films are incredibly sensual, which is better imo.

13. JP 3 years ago

The trailer of Hyde Park on Hudson has been released. Smells Oscar all the time! The Kings Speech redux

14. Clarence 3 years ago

Haha that poster reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada. I love it lol

15. Colin Biggs 3 years ago

I like all of these, myself. Here’s hoping that Anne Hathaway manages to exceed all expected of her.

16. Jesse Crall 3 years ago

@Antoinette: How are Nolan’s films sensual? Not saying you’re wrong, I just never noticed it.

@Colin Biggs: Yeah, me too. I’m admittedly not a Hathaway fan but it would be great to see her nail such a sexual role and open up some new career doors*. Love and Other Drugs didn’t really pan out as expected…

*Yeah, i just recognized how absurd it is to talk about new career doors in regards to an A-list actress appearing in a Batman movie and Les Mes within a few months of each other. D’oh!

17. Mattoc 3 years ago

Jake G!!! – you self-centered little snot, anything else the world can do for you tonight?

I only speak for myself…

18. Antoinette 3 years ago

@Jesse Crall Maybe I’m getting confused on syntax. But I think taking Inception for example. The second level of the dream let’s say, that’s like a chocolate symphony of movement. I mean I don’t know how to explain it and their are different ways that people watch movies but in TDK there is the scene of that party. When Bats is waiting for Rachel on the balcony and she walks out to him and her gown is swooshing back and forth, you can almost feel the material. Or when Mal says “You’re waiting for a train…” I can feel the wind that’s there. I feel like I know the texture of everyone’s suits. I can feel myself moving along with The Joker in that rig in that underground part when he’s shooting at the cops. The flip of Bats’ cape as he drives through on the batcycle. In the Prestige the fog with all those hats, the electricity and the fur of the kitty cats. I don’t know. I feel like I can feel it all when I watch those movies. I think that’s why they’re intoxicating.

I mean if we’re talking about sex scenes, well no they are not there. I’m glad for it. That gets silly after a while.

19. Jesse Crall 3 years ago

Gotcha. I think sensual’s the right word; I was just thinking of it in terms of Lou Rawls and satin sheets…Yeah, a sign of a good/great director is how they can attract your sensory elements on a screen. Nolan’s good at that, totally.