The Hobbit Character Posters!

Just posted on Facebook

Just posted on Facebook

1. moviewatcher 3 years ago

Great posters. I can’t wait for this to premiere!!!

2. Adam Lewis 3 years ago

Um…didn’t anyone in marketing realise Galadriel is giving the finger!

3. GoOnNow 3 years ago

Galadriel, I love you! Come rescue me from the dull reality.

4. Paddy Mulholland 3 years ago

I knew they were going for a different tone with these films, but I hadn’t expected to see Galadriel flipping the bird!

Badass biatch!

5. Andrew Sidhom 3 years ago

Love Gandalf’s. It’s different, and Ian McKellen is gonna be as good as ever. I feel Thorin is gonna be boring though.

6. Tory Smith 3 years ago

It’s sad…but I’m just not even remotely excited about this film. It may be awesome, but I feel as if its run its course. It received the attention and awards it so rightfully deserved already. But this reboot seems lost and unnecessary on me. I don’t know what it is, but I just don’t get excited at all about this.

7. SeattleMoviegoer 3 years ago

Les Miz got there first with character posters. New one with Sasha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter as the Thenardiers looks great.

8. steve50 3 years ago

“But this reboot seems lost and unnecessary on me.”

I agree, Tory. Saw the trailer for this and Skyfall yesterday when I (finally, more on that in an approriate post) got to Cloud Atlas and the response was far more positive for the latter.

For one thing, The Hobbit is a lot tamer than the Rings cycle and doesn’t seem to generate the same kind of excitement among audiences unfamiliar with it.

Skyfall looks ready to kick it, however.

9. Antoinette 3 years ago

More weather channel posters. I don’t get it. First TDKR, then FLIGHT, now this. lol

10. tipsy 3 years ago

“Saw the trailer for this and Skyfall yesterday when I (finally, more on that in an approriate post) got to Cloud Atlas and the response was far more positive for the latter.”

Same here except that Hobbit trailer didn`t get any response, not even a chuckle although it was clearly playing for laughs. Skyfall played like gangbusters.

“doesn’t seem to generate the same kind of excitement among audiences unfamiliar with it.”

I read the book and other Tolkien works and everything I`ve seen from this movie (including Comic Con footage) doesn`t inspire any excitement. It looks like Friedberg and Selzter LOTR spoof rather than The Hobbit adaptation. Also, I don`t think that same people drooling over Cate Blanchett`s heavily airbrushed posters are any indication of wide anticipation for the movie.