Lincoln Dominates North Texas Film Critics

Thanks to IC. Meanwhile, Lincoln will likely hit $150 million by the weekend.
Best Picture

Best Director
Steven Spielberg, “Lincoln”

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis, “Lincoln”

Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence, “Silver Linings Playbook”

Best Supporting Actor
Tommy Lee Jones, “Lincoln”

Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway, “Les Misérables”

Best Cinematography
“Life of Pi”

Best Animated Film
“Wreck-It Ralph”

Best Foreign Language Film
“The Intouchables”

Best Documentary

1. Linc4Jess 3 years ago

2. Vincent Smetana 3 years ago

With the Dallas critics, the Texans are lining up behind Lincoln.

3. Aragorn 3 years ago

Ohhh…finally…the most credible critics group announced their winners. North Texas!!!! I heard they have a much better taste than those in the South Texas…..

I am sure 100s of those great critics of North Texas are all great movie experts…:)))

All this aside, I wouldnt mind seeing the same list of winners at the Oscars..Any list that has Lincoln at the top is good..

4. Lynne 3 years ago

Queen Hathaway FTW!

5. Yvette 3 years ago

Linc4Jess said:
    ‘This critic’s group finally gets it right. This is how how it will all sort out come OSCAR night. “Lincoln” will rule.’

Yes….but I need Sally Field to complete the sweep.

6. Jack Traven II 3 years ago

Interesting to see that they don’t have a Best Screenplay category.

I’m almost dying to finally see Lincoln. 16 more days.

Go JLaw!

The Intouchables for Best Foreign Language Film. Woohoo!

7. Duke 3 years ago

Last year they awarded War Horse.

8. Paddy Mulholland 3 years ago

Meh. I totes linked y’all to these a while back.

9. danemychal 3 years ago

I’m good with these choices except for Intouchables. Lame-o.

10. Archie 3 years ago

Is this Steven Spielperg’s first critic award? That’s amazing! So much talk as Lincoln being the frontrunner yet he’s not winning any awards!

11. linc4jess 3 years ago

@Yvette…..Yes….but I need Sally Field to complete the sweep.

Unfortunately I don’t think Sally Field has a chance for “Lincoln”. Everyone seems to be on the Anne Hathaway ” song entry” band wagon in “Les Miserables”. I suppose this with the fact many believe Hathaway could have being nominated for “TDKR” and the fact that her winning might be one or two “bones” thrown “Les Mis’ way makes her more likely to win.

12. Gustavo 3 years ago

Archie: Lincoln is one of the frontrunners Oscar-wise. Critics awards don’t matter as much as televised awards when it comes to defining/previewing the Oscar outcome.

13. Gage Creed 3 years ago

Precursor awards so far (forgive me if I’m missing something, but, according to my count):

Zero Dark Thirty – 12 awards

Ang Lee – 2
    Wes Anderson – 2
    David O. Russell – 2
    Steven Spielberg – 1
    Quentin Tarantino – 1

14. Gage Creed 3 years ago

I’m very curious to know who will co-announce the nominees tomorrow. I suspect it will probably be some actress nominee from last year (it’s been like that ever since Tom Sherak became president). So it could be Glenn Close, Rooney Mara, Meryl Streep, Octavia Spencer, Melissa McCarthy, Michelle Williams…

And I’m also curious to see how Tom Sherak will pronounce “Quvenzhané Wallis” in case she’s actually nominated. My ears hurt when I heard how he pronounced “Hazanavicius” last year…