The Homesman, international trailer

Written, directed by, and starring Tommy Lee Jones. The story here is Tommy Lee Jones and Hilary Swank as prairie folk escorting three insane women across the frontier from Nebraska to Iowa. As disappointed as it may be to see that Meryl Streep is not one of the insane women, it’s still good to hear […]

swank

Written, directed by, and starring Tommy Lee Jones. The story here is Tommy Lee Jones and Hilary Swank as prairie folk escorting three insane women across the frontier from Nebraska to Iowa. As disappointed as it may be to see that Meryl Streep is not one of the insane women, it’s still good to hear dialogue laced with the same wry laconic wit McCarthy and McMurtry might write.

(thanks, Mikhail!)

You may also like

1. Bryce Forestieri 1 year ago

Gee I guess I’m going to say that this looks wonderful in every possible way.

2. Jordan 1 year ago

You know Swank is coming for that third Oscar.

3. Bryce Forestieri 1 year ago

MAPS TO THE STARS trailer!!!!!!!!!

4. JPNS Viewer 1 year ago

I like what I saw in terms of cinematography — the colorization, and in some shots the lights and shadows, the angles, etc.

And though briefly, the quiet nuances beautifully conveyed by Hilary Swank a la M$B — oh maaan, that’s wonderful . . . . [edited by myself]

The hillbillyish old-timer character also seemingly looks quite fascinating and believable when performed by Tommy Lee Jones.

Sold!

5. Igor Sousa 1 year ago

It looks like this is in-between the Coen Brothers and Clint Eastwood. I’m sold!

6. Kevin Klawitter 1 year ago

I’m always excited for a new Tommy Lee Jones western. Nobody can invoke the old west (or the New Old West, as in “The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada”) like he can, either in front of or behind the camera.

Great to see Swank getting another juicy part as well. Hopefully this makes a big splash at Cannes.

7. Igor Sousa 1 year ago

I watched the Cronenberg trailer. It looks, hummmm, generic

8. Bryce Forestieri 1 year ago

MAPS TO THE STATS trailer looks like it’s a sales sample. I expect the colors to be slightly more saturated in the official trailer –still, after this glimpse, you can’t help but wish that scheduling conflicts hadn’t prevented Mortensen from taking Cusack’s. Also distinctive is the fact that this looks like Cronenberg’s most minimal picture yet, in terms of design. He’s usually very austere and economical in this department, but minimal is new one to me. I’m sure the sterile look is thematically consistent. I was sold on Wasikowska the moment she made me give a shit about Jane Eyre.

9. SallyinChicago 1 year ago

Now THIS looks good. I love Hillary Swank, glad to see she’s back on the big screen.

10. Jake Bart 1 year ago

Maybe I’m just hard up for a good western, but this looks magnificent. Jones is a reliable actor and capable director, plus there are some really striking images here. Who knows about Oscar chances, but barring a critical flogging, I’m sold.

11. Filipe 1 year ago

With prestige director and stars attached to it, any film is an Oscar film. Look at Michael Clayton or The Social Network.