Water Cooler Podcast: Pilot Episode – Best of 2014

In the debut episode of the Water Cooler Podcast, Craig Kennedy, Megan McLachlan, Joey Moser and Clarence Moye discuss their favorite shows from the past 12 months.

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or manually via RSS feed.

WCP-Logo-002-blog

1. Avatar
    steve schweighofer 6 years ago

Good podcast – thanks for the tips. TV is v-a-s-t and some of your faves I’ve never seen, but will try to now.

My personal guilty pleasure that everyone finds it fashionable to hate: Sons of Anarchy. Fun pot-boiler “Hamlet on bikes”. Tomorrow will be a sad day – series finale.

1. Avatar
      Craig Kennedy 6 years ago

I know a lot of people who loved Sons of Anarchy, though any of them weren’t crazy about the later seasons. I feel like I should check it out.

1. Avatar
        steve schweighofer 6 years ago

My own rule of thumb – no series should run more than 3 seasons. Anything beyond that and the focus is lost, usually starting after the second year. It’s all “fat” in the middle – and there are no exceptions, whether your talking series ranging in quality from Sopranos on down.

In the last year, purpose always returns, at least in the last few episodes. (True Blood being a dismal exception where the last season was just a flush).

So if you haven’t seen SOA, Craig – do seasons 1 and 2, then skip to 7.

1. Avatar
          Craig Kennedy 6 years ago

I agree with the 3 Seasons for most shows. Get in, tell your story, get out while you’re still loved.

1. Avatar
            Al Robinson 6 years ago

In my opinion, the best example of this is the first 3 seasons of Glee. Win the championship, and then walk into the sunset.

2. Avatar
          Dragon 6 years ago

Do you guys wanna talk about that disaster aka Newsroom episode?

1. Avatar
            Craig Kennedy 6 years ago

I dropped that show first season. Not sure if Megan is still watching…

2. Avatar
      Mego 6 years ago

I watch Sons, too. I would have put it on my list for past seasons.

2. Avatar
    JulieF 6 years ago

What about the Wire? I thought it was really good toward the end.
    Breaking Bad? The resurgence of Good Wife?

Now I’m just being argumentative. What if Homeland would’ve ended with season 3? I love it now, but I know many people were underwhelmed with season 3.

3. Avatar
    Craig Kennedy 6 years ago

Hi Julie!

You mean The Wire on HBO that ended in 2008?

Also, Breaking Bad’s final episode was September 2013 so it missed the cutoff for this episode. I LOVED it though for whatever that’s worth.

How did YOU feel about Season 3 of Homeland? So many people were mad at it then happy with the new direction. Have you enjoyed it all the way through?

Comments are closed.