Samberg Hosting 2015 Emmys

The Television Academy announced today that it has selected Andy Samberg as the host of the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, returning to September on FOX. It will be the first major hosting gig for the Golden Globe-winning star of FOX’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The former Saturday Night Live star won his first Emmy for that show’s viral digital short “Dick in a Box,” an award he shares with Justin Timberlake among others.

“Buckle your seat belts, Emmy viewers! Like, in general you should buckle your seat belts in your car,” Samberg said in a statement provided by the Academy. “It’s gonna be a wild ride. So buckle your seat belts.”

Nominations for the Emmy Awards will be announced on Thursday, July 16. The awards show itself will air live from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 20, at 8pm EST on FOX.

You may also like

1. Avatar
    Robin Write 5 years ago

I am just sitting at home, watching Orphan Black, finishing my coffee, see this news — jizz, in, my pants.

2. Avatar
    Craig Kennedy 5 years ago

God, I hate Samberg

1. Avatar
      Ben 5 years ago

Really I am curious why? His movies seemed annoying but I have liked a lot of what he is doing on Brooklyn Nine Nine being a goofball but with a good heart plus his comic timing is really good as well. Sadly with any award show I doubt he will have a great chance to shine but he isn’t a terrible choice. Who would you have preferred?

1. Avatar
        Craig Kennedy 5 years ago

I disliked him on SNL a great deal so I’ve never checked out Brooklyn Nine Nine even though everyone keeps telling me it’s great.

1. Avatar
          Al Robinson 5 years ago

“Cool beans, cool cool beans!, cool beans, cool cool beans!” – Hot Rod (2007)
          I didn’t like the movie, but I loved that quote. It’s stuck with me ever sinsce.

I’m curious how he’ll do as the host. Better than NPH hosting the Oscars?…

1. Avatar
            Clarence Moye 5 years ago

He would have to be tied to a wheelchair and on fire to be worse than NPH.

2. Avatar
          Ben 5 years ago

I can understand that he was not someone I liked right away on the show with him being a bit too immature but they found a way to balance his character a lot more between goofy and professional cop that made him funny plus a great cast for him to work off of. I do hope he can keep that balance but I do worry without anyone for him to bounce off of that he will come off too over the top. Still it is the hosting gig at the Emmy’s he will not be asked to do too much for the entire show, I don’t even remember the host last year that’s how much it seemed to matter.

3. Avatar
          Robin Write 5 years ago

He is great in it Craig, check it out. But it is also a great cast of characters too.

Comments are closed.