Rob has finished crunching the numbers for the Awards Daily nominations tabulations. Summary charts here and after the cut. Be sure to click the the links at the end of Rob’s notes for a more comprehensive look at all the internal scores for dozens of contenders.
Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress Charts, after the cut.
Here are Robs notes:
- The nomination totals are:
5 – Milk
4 – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
3 – The Dark Knight
2 – Doubt
2 – Happy-Go-Lucky
2 – Rachel Getting Married
2 – Revolutionary Road
2 – Slumdog Millionaire
2 – Wall-E
2 – The Wrestler
1 – Frost/Nixon
1 – The Reader
1 – Tropic Thunder
1 – Vicky Cristina Barcelona
- Kate Winslet is the only double nominee. She has strong results in both categories and could take home two awards.
- Heath Ledger is going to win this category. Over 2/3 of the first round votes went for Ledger. Far better results than any other of the 30 nominees.
- Speaking of Supporting Actor, the remaining four nominees were neck and neck vying for the 2nd through 5th spots. In fact Eddie Marsan received the second highest first round votes, yet dropped down to fifth when he secured the nomination. Philip Seymour Hoffman remained a very close sixth through all the rounds.
- The ranking of the top 5 nominees in each category in the first round are ultimately the final nominees. Apart from Supporting Actor mentioned above, the rakings from the first round were the ranking in the end.
- There seems to be very little love for Frost/Nixon, Doubt, and Gran Torino apart from a total of three acting nominations. Frost/Nixon received approximately 1% of first round votes for both Picture and Director, yet Frank Langella received 7% of first round votes‚Äîover six times what the Picture received. Meryl Streep received 19.41% of the first round votes‚Äîover 7 times what the picture received.
- The three titles that didn‚Äôt make the big five that I would pay attention to are: Revolutionary Road, The Wrestler, and Rachel Getting Married.
- Click the links below to get FULL details on the six categories:
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
- Click here for detailed explanation of the nomination process.
- Thanks to the 1,944 voters who participated in this ballot project.
The six links above take you to the complete charts where all Rob’s hard work in on full display. They’re especially valuable in helping us see the strength of the 2nd-tier nominees, those ranked 6 and lower. Any surprises and major variations from the AD nominees will naturally come from the highest ranked contenders who missed our final cut.
You can also see the mind-boggling amount of data Rob juggled and was able to corral into meaningful results.