The 2011 finalists for the USC Scripter awards:
- Danny Boyle and Simon Beaufoy for 127 Hours, adapted from mountain climber Aron Ralston’s autobiography Between a Rock and a Hard Place
- Roman Polanski for The Ghost Writer, adapted from journalist Robert Harris’ novel The Ghost
- Aaron Sorkin for The Social Network, adapted from Ben Mezrich’s The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal
- Joel and Ethan Coen for True Grit, based upon Charles Portis’ classic Western novel
- Debra Granik, Anne Rosellini and Daniel Woodrell for Winter’s Bone adapted from Woodrall’s rural noir novel.
The Scripters honor the authors of what the 58-member selection committee deems as the “most accomplished cinematic adaptation.”(THR)