Tweeps are going apeshit over some VIP screening tonight.
- @slashfilm (Peter Sciretta) Rise of the Planet of the Apes vindicates this summer movie season. It will surprise you. It’s worth your time and money.
@wellshwood (Hollywood Elsewhere) “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” is a bit of a “Spartacus” liberation saga — how the apes rose up! — augmented by science and human greed.
- @JackGi (Jack Giroux) Rise of the Planet of the Apes is definitely the smartest and most ambitious blockbuster of the summer.
- @firstshowing (Alex Billington) Ohh yes it’s true, Rise of the Planet of the Apes may just be the best movie of the summer. Loved it so much. Andy Serkis is so amazing!
- @davidehrlich (David Ehrlich) RISE OF THE APES: see what good direction can do? Wyatt elevates a competent script into the most satisfying blockbuster of the summer.
- @douggpound (Doug Lussenhop) “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” is not a doc about the tea party?
- @Laremy (Laremy Legel) Finally seeing Rise of the Planet of the Apes this evening. I hope none of the crowd gains sentience …
How far have effects evolved? Check out the origin of the species after the cut.