- Best Picture: THE ARTIST (close seconds: HUGO and MARGARET)
- Best Director: Martin Scorsese for HUGO. Close runner-up: THE ARTIST.
- Best Actor: Brad Pitt for MONEYBALL Runners up: George Clooney for THE DESCENDANTS, Michael Fassbender for SHAME
- Best Actress (another competitive one!): Michelle Williams for MY WEEK WITH MARILYN.
- Best Supporting Actor: Albert Brooks for DRIVE
- Best Supporting Actress: Melissa McCarthy for BRIDESMAIDS. Jeannie Berlin: close second for MARGARET
- Best Ensemble: CARNAGE (“MARGARET was a fairly close runner-up”)
- Best Screenplay: MONEYBALL!
- Best Use of Music: Cliff Martinez, DRIVE and Ludovic Bource, THE ARTIST! (a tie) Runner up: THE DESCENDANTS
- Best Editing: Christian Marclay for THE CLOCK! Runner-up: HUGO.
- Best Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki, THE TREE OF LIFE. Runner-up: HUGO.
- Best New Filmmaker (David Brudnoy Award): Sean Durkin for MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE. Runner-up: J. C. Chandor for MARIN CALL.
- Best Documentary : PROJECT NIM (James Marsh, who made MAN ON WIRE). Close second: BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK.
- Best Foreign Film: INCENDIES Runners up: A SEPARATION and POETRY)