Tomorrow morning around 10am the DGA will announce its five director nominees for this year.
I predict five of the following:
1. Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity
2. Steve McQueen, 12 Years a Slave
3. David O. Russell, American Hustle
4. Paul Greengrass, Captain Phillips
5. Martin Scorsese, Wolf of Wall Street
6. Spike Jonze, Her
7. Alexander Payne, Nebraska
8. Jean-Marc Vallee, Dallas Buyers Club
9. Joel and Ethan Coen, Inside Llewyn Davis
Such is the year we’ve had. How to whittle them down to five?
Please choose one No Guts, No Glory but it has to be something quite unexpected. My No Guts, No Glory would be John Lee Hancock for Saving Mr. Banks.