Boyhood continues to be the darling of Awards Season. Earlier today, the film picked up a total of 6 Oscar nominations, including nods for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Supporting Actress and Best Supporting Actor.
This week’s Entertainment Weekly features Ellar Coltrane, the film’s star at the ages of 11,12 and 20.
Here are some facts from the film:
- Filming started in 2002 and finished 12 years later.
- Lorelai Linklater who plays Samantha in the film is Richard Linklater’s real life daughter.
- Ellar Coltrane was just 6 when Linklater signed the untested boy to play Mason.
- Jonathan Sehring (President of IFC) gave Linklater $200,000 annually to film Boyhood.
- Each shoot took between 3-4 days.