If you haven’t already done so, you can take part in our latest poll and let us know Your Most Anticipated Films of 2016.
As of this morning, here are the Most Anticipated Films, chosen by you:
Here’s all you need to know about the Top Five films:
THE LOST CITY OF Z
- Screenwriter: James Gray
- Director: James Gray
- Release Date : TBA
- Starring: Charlie Hunnam, Sienna Miller, Robert Pattinson, Tom Holland
- Plot: Based on the New York Times best-selling book by David Grann, the Lost City of Z follows Percy Fawcett (Charlie Hunnam), a solider and explorer who disappears while searching for the legendary Lost City of Z.
Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk
- Screenwriter: Simon Beaufoy/ Jean-Christophe Castelli
- Director: Ang Lee
- Release Date : November 11, 2016
- Starring: Vin Diesel, Kristen Stewart, Garrett Hedlund
- Plot: Ben Fountain’s debut novel focuses on the surviving members of the heroic Bravo Squad upon their return from Iraq and a stop on their “Victory Tour” at Texas Stadium. Ang Lee directs Vin Diesel who plays Shroom, Kristen Stewart plays Billy Flynn’s sister Kathryn, and newcomer Joe Alwyn plays the title role.
- Director: Olivier Assayas
- Writer: Olivier Assayas
- Starring : Kristen Stewart, Lars Eidinger
- Plot: Kristen Stewart is reunited with Clouds of Sils Maria director, Assayas for a ghost story that takes place in the fashion underworld of Paris. That’s all we know right now. Producer Charles Gilbert says the film will feature some of the same themes we saw in Clouds of Sils Maria and have a fantasy dimension.
- Director: Martin Scorsese
- Screenplay: Martin Scorsese, Jay Cocks
- Cast: Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, Liam Neeson.
- Plot: Based on the 1966 novel by Shusaku Endo and set in the 17th Century, Silence tells the story of two Jesuit priests who face violence and persecution as they seek to spread the gospel in Japan.
The Birth of A Nation
Directed by: Nate Parker
Screenplay by: Nate Parker
Release Date: October 7
Starring: Nate Parker, Armie Hammer, Aja Naomi King,Jackie Earle Haley, Penelope Ann Miller, Gabrielle Union
Plot: Set in 1831, the story delves into the tumultuous life of literate slave and preacher Nat Turner. Samuel Turner (Armie Hammer) takes him across the country, hoping to profit from his teachings, but as Turner sees the scope of slavery, he rallies an uprising and leads a rebellion.