The OFFICIAL JOE BIDEN 2020 Thread

Election, Twitter, podcasts, etc.
Grimace
Site Admin

The OFFICIAL JOE BIDEN 2020 Thread

Post by Grimace »

Former vice president, Joe Biden will be the Democratic candidate for president in the 2020 Presidential Election. This thread is made for discussion of Joe and his campaign.

Current Docket:
Who will Jumpin Joe Biden pick as a running mate in the 2020 election?
Personally, I'd prefer Elizabeth Warren but suspect Kamala Harris. What do you guys think?

Andy
Site Admin

Re: The OFFICIAL JOE BIDEN 2020 Thread

Post by Andy »

My gut is Warren, but my head is Harris. They're both the obvious choices though, largely dictated by a dull media machine. I honestly am thinking Lance Bottoms or Demings are the dark horses.

Good thread though. My alt discussion point: is Biden actually running a much better campaign than folks are giving him credit for? :?: :lol:

Grimace
Site Admin

Post by Grimace »

Andy wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:55 pm
My gut is Warren, but my head is Harris. They're both the obvious choices though, largely dictated by a dull media machine. I honestly am thinking Lance Bottoms or Demings are the dark horses.

Good thread though. My alt discussion point: is Biden actually running a much better campaign than folks are giving him credit for? :?: :lol:
I definitely think his campaigning has been good - but he has an opportunity right now (esp with Trump's current polling numbers) to push harder. Think he needs to drop some Lincoln Project-esque ads. 40 million people out of work right now need to know that Joe will help them and Donald won't. Just wish he would be more aggressive ala 2012 vp debates (which Ryan got bodied in).

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Grimace wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 pm

I definitely think his campaigning has been good - but he has an opportunity right now (esp with Trump's current polling numbers) to push harder. Think he needs to drop some Lincoln Project-esque ads. 40 million people out of work right now need to know that Joe will help them and Donald won't. Just wish he would be more aggressive ala 2012 vp debates (which Ryan got bodied in).
I mean, personally, I think his ads have been generally very good. And I agree, Lincoln Project has their lane, more troll-ish, and have been very effective. And I do think letting trump hang himself has been a good strategy thus far - keep it a referendum on him.

But with Veepstakes being announced soon will make this even more real. Buckle up..

Grimace
Site Admin

Post by Grimace »

Andy wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:07 pm
Grimace wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 pm

I mean, personally, I think his ads have been generally very good. And I agree, Lincoln Project has their lane, more troll-ish, and have been very effective. And I do think letting trump hang himself has been a good strategy thus far - keep it a referendum on him.

But with Veepstakes being announced soon will make this even more real. Buckle up..
How bad do we think Harris would destroy Pence in the VP debates - and would that even have an impact?

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Grimace wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:11 pm

How bad do we think Harris would destroy Pence in the VP debates - and would that even have an impact?
As much as the progressives loathe her, she's pretty savage in moments like that. Pence is weak anyhow, like a satire of a Bush-era neocon. But in terms of impact? Debatable, pardon the pun. 2012 gave the campaign some momentum after Obama fumbled... but then again, we saw how little 2016 debates mattered. Or even this primary cycle. It's theater, dunno if it sways anyone in today's world.