MLB - news, discussion and more

Open forum for any discussion. Only rules are no abuse or hate speech (racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc)
Andy
Site Admin

MLB - news, discussion and more

Post by Andy »

Hi all, if you are like me, you are a big baseball fan (despite the owners/Manfred being despicable and greedy). So I am cautiously optimistic about the sport returning at the end of next month. HOW ABOUT YOU?

A little background: I am an Orioles fan, though also not opposed to rooting for the Nats (just far more casually). And *if* I'm at Fenway Park, and they aren't playing against the O's, I am *sometimes* inclined to root for the Red Sox. Anyhow, pandemic aside, my wife and I try to make it to a few MLB ballparks every season. Here's where we have gone thus far:
  • AT&T Park
    Camden Yards!
    Dodger Stadium
    PNC Park
    FENWAY
    Petco Park
    Wrigley
    Yankee Stadium
    Citi Field
    Globe Life Park
    Comerica Park
    Target Field
    Miller Park
    Citizens Bank Park
    Progressive Field
    Minute Maid Park
    Rogers Centre
    Nationals Park
    Marlins Park
    Chase Field
    Guaranteed Rate
Great Americans (Reds) may have been next this summer, if not for this worldwide virus upsetting all the fun. Anyway, who do you root for? What are your favorite or earliest baseball memories? Top 5 baseball movies?

Image ;)

Grimace
Site Admin

Re: MLB - news, discussion and more

Post by Grimace »

Earliest Sox memory was being a kid running up and down the aisles and I knocked over at least ten beers and my poor mother who had to pull extra shifts to take me to my first game having to spend like 60 on buying people new beers

Also I was in the hospital during 2013 World Series and we all went to the waiting rooms to watch together on tv (those that could)

Julie

Re: MLB - news, discussion and more

Post by Julie »

I'm a big Cleveland Indians fan. We usually go twice a year. My dad was a high school baseball coach, so I have seen plenty of games. I will definitely watch the games once they start up again.

My favorite tour of a stadium was by far Camden Yards.