the OFFICIAL "Clone Wars" and "Rebels" discussion thread

stephanie_kaye

the OFFICIAL "Clone Wars" and "Rebels" discussion thread

Post by stephanie_kaye »

hi ya'll! so - if you're like me - you were extremely disappointed by the latest Star Wars trilogy. especially TROS. :shock:

but fear not! Star Wars has a new savior - and it's not george lucas. It's Dave Filoni! in fact, Clone Wars, Rebels and Mandalorian >> whatever JJ has done. a few highlights:

-Ahsoka was annoying at first, but is lowkey the best character.
-Anakin's character is way more developed, makes way more sense than he was in the prequels.
-Obi Wan continues to be the GOAT, as he is in everything.
-the final "Order 66" arc of Clone Wars rivals almost any one of the movies TBH!!

What are your favorite moments/characters from the TV star wars universe?????

Grimace
Site Admin

Re: the OFFICIAL "Clone Wars" and "Rebels" discussion thread

Post by Grimace »

The siege of Mandalore was great, and Ahsoka is for sure the best star wars cameo (TROS SPOILER: Her voice cameo was awesome)! Clone Wars brings a human side to Star Wars and contemplates morality in a way the Skywalker Saga never could.

Skulljujos

Post by Skulljujos »

I love the mystic side of Star Wars that Clone Wars introduced, it's so mysterious and has so much potential. But of course Lucasfilm cannot take a hint

stephanie_kaye

Post by stephanie_kaye »

Grimace wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 pm
TROS SPOILER
TROS SPOILER: The whole thing was garbage. There were some ok parts but man, JJ had no idea what he was doing!

stephanie_kaye

Post by stephanie_kaye »

Agreed that Siege of Mandalore was an amazing arc. Dave Filoni really resurrected Maul in a fascinating way.

Skulljujos

Post by Skulljujos »

stephanie_kaye wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:26 am
Grimace wrote:
TROS SPOILER
TROS SPOILER: The whole thing was garbage. There were some ok parts but man, JJ had no idea what he was doing!
I think he had a clear vision of the story he wanted to tell, but The Last Jedi just threw everything into the trash, so TROS is essentially JJ´s trilogy part 2 and 3 jammed into a single film, making it a mess.

Grimace
Site Admin

Post by Grimace »

Skulljujos wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 pm
stephanie_kaye wrote:
Grimace wrote:
TROS SPOILER
I think he had a clear vision of the story he wanted to tell, but The Last Jedi just threw everything into the trash, so TROS is essentially JJ´s trilogy part 2 and 3 jammed into a single film, making it a mess.
Agreed. While TLJ is a good movie, I would have preferred one director for the trilogy. Consistency would go a long way for me for these films.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Grimace wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:21 pm
Skulljujos wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 pm
stephanie_kaye wrote:

Agreed. While TLJ is a good movie, I would have preferred one director for the trilogy. Consistency would go a long way for me for these films.
i mean, the first trilogy had a diff director per film. ofc i guess u could argue lucas was still the overarching voice. thats why the most recent trilogy truly suffered, besides tlj - no vision or point to exist besides $$$$$$

anyway twitter was just blowing up over the prequels ironically. i can see why - though corny frequently these films are 'coherent,' land a few political points and pushed the fx game. singular, unlike todays cookie cutter blockbusters.