Obviously ***SPOILER ALERT*** but if you haven’t taken the 2016 AwardsDaily TV Emmy Quiz, then do so before reading this post. No cheating!!!
1. Veep has the most comedy nominations in 2016, with 17, but what comedy holds the record for most nominations in a single awards year?
- 30 Rock
30 Rock, with 22
2. Jon Hamm taught high school drama to this first-time 2016 nominee.
- Erinn Hayes (Children’s Hospital)
- Kirsten Dunst (Fargo)
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt)
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley)
3. In its first eligible year, this television comedy had zero nominations at the Emmys (even if it went on to win more than one Emmy).
- The Big Bang Theory
- Mike and Molly
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Last Man Standing
The Big Bang Theory (0 nominations, 0 wins in 2008)
4. Which of the following shows has NOT been submitted in more than one genre (comedy, drama)?
- Masters of Sex
- Downton Abbey
- Orange is the New Black
Masters of Sex has only been submitted as a Drama.
5. Many shows received the exact same number of nominations this year as they did last year. Which one of the following didn’t?
- Better Call Saul
Gotham (received 3 this year, 4 last year). Empire has 3, Better Call Saul has 7, and Bloodline has 2.
6. In a review of this Emmy-nominated show (which received its first nomination this year), Joey wrote: “Perhaps the show will wiggle into a more likable, funny direction.” What show was Joey talking about?
- The Muppets
- Angie Tribeca
7. In a review of this Emmy-nominated show (which received its first nomination this year), Clarence wrote: “The show as it’s presented feels something like a greatest hits of Spielberg’s science fiction-influenced films and the themes therein.”
- Minority Report
- Wayward Pines
- The Whispers
- Marvel’s Jessica Jones
The Whispers for Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music.
8. Modern Family was nominated this year with four nominations, the smallest amount since it was first eligible in 2010. What season earned it the most nominations?
B. Second season (17 nominations). First had 14.
9. This Emmy nominee was originally cast as Jennifer Parker in Back to the Future, but was recast when Eric Stoltz was replaced by Michael J. Fox. Who is it?
- Melora Hardin
- Molly Parker
- Maura Tierney
- Robin Wright
Melora Hardin (Transparent).
10. Hank Azaria was nominated for his guest performance on Ray Donovan this year, bringing his total lifetime acting nominations to 8 (even though he’s known for his voice-over performances on The Simpsons). Which series did he actually win an acting Emmy for?
- Mad About You
- Tuesdays with Morrie
Tuesdays with Morrie, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Mini-Series or a Movie
11. Other than Steve Harvey, which Emmy-nominated actor has also hosted Family Feud?
- Louie Anderson
- Tituss Burgess
- Anthony Anderson
Louie Anderson, who’s nominated for FX’s Baskets